Snuffle mats are a fun and interactive way to provide your dog with sensory enrichment by giving them an opportunity to sniff and search for hidden treats. Here’s how you can make one yourself for your pooch using only a few materials.
What you’ll need:
- 1 rubber mat with holes
- An old dog blanket or fleece material
How to create the snuffle mat:
- Cut the blanket into 2cm by 20cm strips.
- Loop the strips through the mat (two holes at a time) and tie in a knot.
- Repeat until the entire mat is covered.
- Hide some treats in the mat and watch your pet find them.